Thursday, June 22, 2006

Where did all my time go?

Due to my lack of prioritizing my blog, there's a huge time gap between posts.

Sorry.

I think pictures are the best way to catch up...


Yesterday, I celebrated the winter solstice at Tiahuanaco. It´s the Aymara New Year´s celebration. My camera battery promptly died at the beginning of the ceremony and I´d forgotten my second battery in the charger in the office, so pictures are scarce at the moment.

Over the weekend, I went to the camelid festival with my parents. It was a short but nice day. Below is one of the bands.


This is the bus from Curahuara to Patacamaya (a town about half the way back to La Paz).
The week before, I witnessed a llama sacrifice. Good luck for the camelid festival. Then there was a feast. It was an amazing ceremony, although I'm saving the details for a story...

The weekend of the 10th, I paid 25 Bolivianos for a seat to watch El Gran Poder. Dance groups from all-over Bolivia come to La Paz to perform in the streets. And drink.

The weekend before, I went to Copacabana and happily ate freshly caught trout and enjoyed the peace surrounding the lake.

And lastly...

The children in Bolivia has the most beautiful, thoughtful and lively eyes I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Gavin Magrath said...

Your shaping up to be a hell of a journalist Chlok. As for staying regular, try metamucil...